TERMS & CONDITIONS OF EDUCOR’S ONE MILLION RAND BURSARY COMPETITION
1. Enrol to study for first yeaR and gain automatic entry into the competition by paying the applicable registration fee.
2. Enter the bursary competition and nominate any individual who is registered or will be registered for the current year of study with any of the institutions mentioned in clause 5 below and for the approved and qualifying courses. The nominated individual also stands a chance to win a bursary. The maximum amount of the bursary received by the nominee cannot exceed the value of the primary recipient’s bursary.
3. The bursary is only applicable to selected programmes on offer and covers the value of that programme. To be eligible, students must register for those programmes in order to qualify for entrance to the competition. All entrants including the nominee must be registered for the 2024 academic year and must qualify for entrance to the said course of study as per the institution’s normal requirements for entrance to such course.
4. The bursary covers the first year of study only and is only available to students and nominees registering for the first time with the institutions listed in clause 5 and for the qualifying courses.
5. The bursary is applicable to the following institutions: Damelin, Lyceum, Damelin Correspondence College, INTEC and CityVarsity; and is powered by Educor Holdings (Pty) Ltd.
6. No cash refunds or cash in exchange will apply to, nor will be entertained, with regards to this competition. Any student and/or nominee that has already paid their fees will not receive a refund but will be allowed to use such credits towards their further fees or credits toward another course of study only. No refunds or cash will be given in the event of a student being awarded a bursary.
7. By entering this competition, entrants agree to the collection, processing, and use of their personal information for the purposes of administering this competition.
8. Winners agree and consent, to the institutions mentioned in point 5 using their images, details, and likeness in any promotional material without payment and further agree to participate in promotional activities related to the competition and consent to the use of their name, photos, videos, likeness, and details in any such promotional material.
9. Textbooks, study material, external exam fees, exam rewrites and stationery not included.
10. Competition ends at close of business on Thursday, 29 February 2024.
11. The bursary draw will be audited and conducted by Educor Holdings (Pty) Ltd.
12. Winners will be contacted directly.
13. The bursary is not redeemable for cash.
14. The competition holder’s decision shall be final, and no correspondence will be entered into in respect thereof.
15. Sponsored students and corporates are not eligible to participate in this competition.
16. In the event of a force majeure situation Educor reserves the right to amend, alter, vary, increase, or decrease and/or withdraw the bursary offer entirely in its sole discretion.
17. Employees of Educor Holdings (Pty) Ltd, their immediate family members, and any persons directly or indirectly involved in the organisation or running of this competition are NOT eligible to enter.
18. It is the responsibility of the entrant to ensure that all contact and personal details provided are accurate and up to date. Educor Holdings (Pty) Ltd is not responsible for any consequences of incorrect or incomplete details.
19. The judges’ decision is final, and the award will be made in the sole discretion of the appointed judges. All participants agree that they shall have no right of recourse against any of the institutions mentioned in point 5 and/or against any judges.
20. Entrants warrant that they are 18 years and older, and that in the event that they are not, they have the permission and consent of their parents to enter into the competition.